Wa its been close to one month since I left for taiwan.
Anyway I had mixed feelings upon boarding the flight back to singapore.
On one hand, the trip was indeed an escape from everything back home.
And the sights, food and people of a different culture were such an eye opener.
But on the other hand, I yearned for the day when I can be purged from my green uniform.
The thing I'm gonna miss most was the constant sight of mountains in the background everywhere I went.
There was this time when we had a navigation exercise and my team harboured on top of this mountain for the night.
The view was spectacular.
I could remember the strong winds that blew through our hair, the picturesque setting which our eyes laid sight upon which resembled the scenes in lord of the rings, the sun set.
And cows which were grazing underneath us.
Hoho it was awesome even though it got really cold in the middle of the night.
Our trip to taipei was just alright with lotsa shoppinggg.
Oh ya oh ya we got caught in a demonstration against the taiwan china merger thingy.
It was the first time I saw so damn many people in a single street.
And it was quite funny cause they passed us the protesting flags and wanted us to join in as well, which we did for a while.
Chaos man chaos.
Gah anyway now its back to realityland.
The other day I had a talk with my mum about certain things.
And it was the first time we had such a serious, truthful conversation about our own issues in a long time.
But it felt good and such a relief for me cause I had wanted to tell those things to her for quite a while already.
Hopefully things will turn out fine.
Hmmm.
I'm kinda in a stage of my life where I need to let go of certain things in order to move on properly.
Difficult but necessary at the same time.
Hopefully I'll be able to get the grace to do so.
My army life is ending and there goes my "shelter" of 2 years.
I really wanna end of this phase of my life with breakthroughs and an loud bang.
Keep on having faith, glen.
On a side note.
Haaiiiii I need to plan my coming months ahead.
I dun want my school term to start and I look back thinking that I totally wasted my entire half year.
Urghhh.
Ok la I'll think about it while I book in tonight after such a well deserved 8 days off wheee.
Wanna end of this post with the blower's daughter by damien rice.
Such a beautiful and powerful song.
It's actually one of the few songs which captivated me.