Monday, June 05, 2006
Harlo.
Havent been blogging for one week.
This blog is close to dead man.
Well.
Just returned from batam yesterday afternoon.
Haha.
How should I describe the trip.
Ok overall it was an eye opener for me la.
In terms of many things.
And the whole gang was pretty fun so tts good too.
Because it was my first overseas cip trip.
Everything there was a learning experience.
Meeting the children at the school was really cool tbh.
And they were super welcoming and wanted u to be a part of them.
Became good friends with 3 of them there.
Even tho there was a distinct language barrier.
But somehow we overcame it with actions and broken englay.
Something different and special bout the friendships forged there were that they were really pure and innocent yet true.
It was refreshing man and I havent had that feeling in a while.
There was this time when one of the kids brought me to a drinks shop near the school.
And I thought tt its cause he wanted me to treat him to a drink.
But when we reached he took out 2 packets of bandung and some money to pay for both our drinks.
I was fucking touched la wth he was so unlike all the other kids who were dying to get a treat from the rj ppl.
Man.
Haha.
Oh ya I had my first motorcycle ride there too by the same kid.
It was quite funny cause he asked me if I had a bike as well then I said no I have a bicycle -.-
I'm also glad to have made quite a few new rj friends thru the trip.
Ha oyi really stood out when he was interacting with the kids cause obviously he is a kid at heart too.
Haha damn nice guy la he.
Lol and my impression of one guy changed on the trip haha found out tt he's quite a decent dude also lol.
Not only tt, I found out a lot of new stuff bout some of my fellow group mates.
Some of the traits I didnt knew existed in them.
And miss koh is very funny as well omg.
She's super down to earth and is someone I could relate to which was nice.
Walking thru the village it just pained yet surprised me to see the standard of living of all those children.
And how they managed to get by with just the simplicity of life.
Yet they were all very happy and satisfied cause they have their family and friends with them.
Isnt it very ironic that we are all whining bout how our lives suck?
Highlights of the trip for me were watching the sunset, sunrise and the stars.
Sometimes I wished that I could brave all the sandfly bites and just stay at the beach for one whole night listening to the crashing of the waves.
Looking up at the clear sky for the myraid of stars above me.
Listening to the music from my ipod
And not think bout anything else.
That would be nice.
But overall I didnt regret going on this trip at all man tho I had many doubts bout my decision at the beginning.
Anyway.
Today I spent at record 12 hours at church.
Haha it was the emerge conference.
Ate 2 ramly burgers which were heavenly.
I rmb joy introducing them to me beginning of last year haha damn good la must try man everyone.
Servies were very exciting today and sun ho came out to perform.
The song That's what friends are for at the end almost made me tear.
Dunno lots of memories came back to me thru the lyrics haha.
Sian I'm dead exhausted now.
And theres ns checkup in the morning plus band pracs in the afternoon.
Ahhhhh.
I need rest.
How to mug like this?
Sucks man.
Haha.
Sometimes I wished tt I have lived my life with no regrets.
But obviously it isnt the case for me.
So many mistakes.
So many wrong decisions.
So many if onlys.
So many.
My mind's unweaving/ 12:05 AM